Updated: January 2019
This Statement of Direction outlines the future direction and planned areas of innovation for the FOEX Plugin Framework. The intent of this section is to help our customers and partners establish appropriate plans and guidelines for their investments today, while keeping an eye on the horizon of future innovations being delivered by FOEX GmbH. It is meant to be directional in nature and articulates the enhancements and upgrades that are planned to be delivered over the next 12 months.
About FOEX 4.1
In the next version of the FOEX Plugin Framework will be introducing the following new features:
1. Drag & Drop - we are providing support for drag & drop between grids, trees, tree grids, list views with column/value mappings for moving/copying/saving data
2. JET Charts support Single Page Mode - pages with APEX JET chart region(s) mixed with our plugins will be able to be rendered in single page mode
3. JET Chart Master Detail Support - using our existing master detail dynamic action you will be able to select individual chart series items to drill down grids/forms/charts/lists on the current page or inversely select grid/tree/list rows to drill down the JET chart(s)
4. Toggle Button - we are introducing a new toggle button for a modern on/off switch look and feel
5. Sparklines Page Item - we are introducing a mini charting page item that uses the sparklines SVG library that can be used in forms and in toolbars
6. Color Picker Page Item - we are introducing a new color picker page item that will allow you to show a colour picker/pallete to choose rgb or hex colours from
7. Horizontal Accordion - we are introducing a new layout option to show the accordion layout slices in a horizontal position
8. Other Small Improvements - we will be introducing many small improvements
As part of the company’s long term vision and strategy, FOEX intends to continue enhancing the FOEX Plugin Framework at regular time intervals, by introducing new features or developing add-ons.
After the official release of version 4.1, we will be looking at REST support, new mapping and drawing components, and a fully dynamic grid which can redraw itself across an AJAX call based on a PLSQL Function returning SQL Query.
Going forward we are committed to investing deeply in our strategy to deliver low code single page application capability within the confines of APEX that will empower developers to create modern business applications capable of replacing or modernizing legacy desktop applications. Reducing the time, cost, and complexity of these projects.
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS PAGE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS INTENDED SOLELY TO ASSIT YOU IN PLANNING FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION AND UPGRADE OF THE FEATURES DESCRIBED. IT SHOULD NOT BE SEEN AS A COMMITMENT TO DELIVER ANY MATERIAL, CODE OR FUNCTIONALITY, AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON IN MAKING PURCHASING DECISIONS.
THE DEVELOPMENT, RELEASE AND TIMING OF ANY FEATURES OR FUNCTIONALITY DESCRIBED HERE REMAINS AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF FOEX GMBH. DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE PRODUCT'S ARCHITECTURE, IT MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE TO SAFELY INCLUDE ALL FEATURES DESCRIBED HERE WITHOUT RISKING SIGNIFICANT DESTABILIZATION OF THE CODE.